All Things Rise by Missouri Vaun

Would you be willing to leave your whole life behind to follow your heart into an uncertain future?

  

★★☆☆☆ 2.5 Stars for this easygoing, romantic read.

I got this as a free read in exchange for a honest review.

The story takes place in an post-dystopian future where the wealthy build floating cities. Now humanity is divided into those living on the ground and those living in Cloud Cities.

Cole, a girl living on the ground with her two aunts, finds the crash side of a pilot named Ava and offers her to stay at their house. The girl from the clouds and Cole are quick to develop a friendship. When Cole gets attacked by an insane woman Ava flies her to a hospital in the floating City where she can get the medical attention she desperately needs.
Up in the clouds Cole meets Ava's friend Audrey, a doctor who sends off butterflies in her stomach.
It doesn't take long for the sexual tension between the to be acted upon. Neither expected a bond to form so fast and dread the future where they either have to say goodbye to each other or one has to give up life as she knew it. Is the presence of the other worth an uncertain future?

The book was a very slow read for me and I had to drag myself back to it. Waiting for something to happen. It felt like a small and lazy wave liking at my feet but what I wanted was more than just the tiny, comfortable trickle.
Alas, no wave sweeping me off my feet. The potential for it was there. The author fed me crumbs that left me hungry for more but didn't follow through with a full meal.
The lies about the danger of the ground, the rebels...They intrigued me but oh well. 

The blurb seems to promise action and plot twists. If you want either of that don't read the book. There isn't really any action or suspense, It's an easy read with no heavy emotions or deep plot. Maybe a good recovery story if you just got gutted by another book and can't handle anything demanding or heavy at the moment.

Comments

Popular Posts